Holds a Bachelor in Science (Computer Science), University of Technology with almost 16 years of experience in the field of software development, process, testing, switch and telephony based mobile phone and switch software projects.
- Well versed with the WAP architecture with sound knowledge of mobile internet technologies such as Open Mobile Alliance’s specifications including all the WAP related specification and JSR’s J2ME specification.
- Experienced in developing Java midlets/application and testing.
- Experienced in Software Agent technology and specification developed by FIPA.
- Familiar with Kabira development methodologies, with knowledge on Kabira Infrastructure Server Development and xDR Mediation Development.
- Currently pursuing his interest in security by developing facial recognition system for complete end client security system and network security.
Achievements & Experience
- While at ‘Motorola Malaysia Software Center’ he was involved in the early stages of Unit and component level testing of the Motorola Internet Browser in Motorola Software Center in Bangalore India(April,1998 – February,2001).
- Developed emulator layer for the Browser application to test the WAP protocol stack 1.0. Spent 10 months in Bangalore developing the browser as it grew from a prototype into a fully matured WAP Browser.
- Was responsible for the first Motorola Browser Software release to customer in Libertyville, Illinois, USA, in mid 2001.
- Was involved with various customer testing including those from Verizon, Voicestream and Hutch 3G in Chicago, US.
- Spent 2 years in leading a team in designing, developing and testing Billing Mediation Device for Telekom Malaysia under Malaysia’s first CDMA project for Sabah, Sarawak and Putrajaya.
- Became the reference point for Telekom Malaysia’s CDIS & CIDB group for architectural design of the middleware – switch communication in the year 2003 and 2004.
- In 2005 involved in leading a team of senior engineers designing call centre telecommunication based solution for major brands; Ericsson, NEC and Nitsuko for softphone, ACD monitoring tools, PABX integration into intranet systems. Architected Philip’s ERP System in 2005 in Menara Axis and Jalan 222, Petaling Jaya.
- Being certified in HL7 and DICOM, since 2004, G. Saravanan has been involved in designing Hospital Information System, Electronic Medical/Health Records Systems, PACS/RIS for an American group of Hospitals in South East Asia and India region.
- Designed Columbia Asia’s 3rd generation Total Hospital Information System and deployed the system in over 4 countries (Malaysia, Vietnam, India and Indonesia),and he has gained much experience in the Healthcare IT in the region.